What's In The Box:
- Standard Edition Box - Halycon 6 was inspired by timeless sci-fi strategy games, from Master of Orion to FTL. What better way to secure its place in space history than with this exclusive box set?
- Game Disc - Long after our alien overlords restrict our internet access to state-run news and intergalactic reality singing competitions, this DRM-free copy of Halcyon 6 will still be there to offer you a brief reprieve.
- Original Soundtrack - Simultaneously epic and intimate, inspiring and ominous, lonely and chaotic, the original soundtrack for Halycon 6, composed by Steven London, sets the mood for any variety of space adventure.
- Instruction Manual - It's a dangerous universe out there and the precursor alien space station that's now humanity's last hope didn't exactly come with an instruction manual. Wait - no, it totally did! If you're feeling overwhelmed by the weight of an entire species, be sure to brush up on the basics.
- Terran Federation Mission Patch - Just because humanity is facing an extinction event doesn't mean we can't set aside some time for formalities. Commemorate the most important and potentially final mission of your storied space career with this Terran Federation Mission Patch, Commander.
- Halcyon 6 Collector's Pin - While you're slapping that slick patch onto your flight jacket, don't forget the corresponding Halcyon 6 pin. Perfect for the lapel, cap, or future sci-fi carry-all of your choice.
- Yabbling Plush - Your friendly neighborhood Yabblings are known for their unique blend of opportunism and questionable morals, served with the smile of a race that knows sometimes the road to survival detours through slavery and pillaging. This Yabbling PLush can sit on your shelf or desk to offer you constructive pessimism in the comfort of your own home. Neat!
- IndieBox Sticker - We're smitten with space at IndieBox Command this month. Do with this sticker what you will, but know that the ate of everyone you've ever known is at stake.
- Steam Key - Supports Windows, Mac & Linux
About the Game:
On the edge of Terran space lies Halcyon 6, a derelict starbase left behind by a mysterious precursor race. Your mission is to reclaim the derelict station and rebuild it.
A mysterious alien force is making a beeline towards Earth and this starbase is the best chance for the New Terran Federation to establish new alliances, research new technologies and otherwise figure out a way to stop the impending invasion.
Using only the resources you can salvage from the derelict station and gathered from nearby star systems, it’s up to you to rebuild the starbase to lead the Terran Republic’s scientific research, exploration and diplomatic efforts on the edge of known space.
Halcyon 6 is a passion project who’s design is inspired by our years spent playing classic games like Star Control, Master of Orion, X-COM, Civilization and new classics like FTL.
- Base Building: spend resources to build station facilities (rooms) to enhance your production and technological capabilities, or build ships to help you control more territory
- Exploration: assign your fleets to nearby star clusters, where they can handle emerging enemy threats, do missions for alien factions or secure bonus resources
- Crew Management: assign crew to station facilities to greatly improve their output efficiency, or to ships where they can contribute in unique ways to combat, missions and events
- Deep Tactical Combat: fight tactical ship or ground battles to resolve hostile events, create a foothold in the sector and ultimately defeat the enemy mothership!
- Story Events: based on game criteria like rooms-built, alien diplomacy scores or officer traits/skills, the game will produce story events (often with multiple choice outcomes) that can lead to combat, time-related applied bonuses/negatives, officer attribute changes or any number of crazy in-game stories.